Aleksander Barkov, Jonathan Huberdeau, and the Florida Panthers will do battle against John Tavares, Mitchell Marner, and the Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Arena for a divisional tilt. The opening face-off is at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, March 25, and it can be caught live on The Sports Network.
Florida Panthers vs. Toronto Maple Leafs Odds
With a -210 moneyline, Toronto enters the game as the heavy favorite. The line for the Panthers now stands at +175 and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at an even 6 goals (-135 for the over, +115 for the under).
Even though its record stands at 44-31 straight up (SU), Toronto has earned moneyline bettors a total of 9.0 units this season. Among its 75 games this season, 37 have gone over the total, while 34 have gone under and just four have pushed. The team is 22-16 SU at home this season.
The Maple Leafs have converted on 21.2 percent of their power play chances this year, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked 10th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 81.5 percent of all penalties.
Averaging 29.6 saves per game with a .918 save percentage, Frederik Andersen (34-21-5) has been the best option in goal for Toronto this season. If Toronto decides to give him the night off, however, head coach Mike Babcock could go with Garret Sparks (8-10-10 record, .903 save percentage, 3.16 goals against average).
Florida has lost 15.2 units for moneyline bettors this year and is currently 33-42 straight up (SU). 42 of its outings have gone over the total, while 26 have gone under the total and just seven have pushed. As a road team, the Panthers are 14-23 SU.
The Panthers enter the matchup with the second-strongest power-play unit in the NHL, as they’ve converted on 27.3 percent of their extra-man chances this year. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 18th overall and it’s successfully killed off 80.5 percent of all penalties.
Roberto Luongo (.898 save percentage and 3.13 goals against average) has been the primary option in goal for Florida. Luongo is averaging 24.9 saves per game and has 16 wins, 22 losses, and five OT losses to his credit.
Florida Panthers at Toronto Maple Leafs Betting Predictions
Prediction: SU Winner – Panthers, O/U – Over
- Over Florida’s last ten games, six of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 4-2 in those games).
- The Panthers are 18-21 when they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 22-30 in games where they’re in the penalty box for fewer than 10 minutes, total.
- Florida (3-6 in shootouts this season) has significantly more experience in games decided by shootout. Toronto has yet to participate in one this year.
- The over has hit in four of Florida’s last five games.
- Florida skaters have averaged 12.8 giveaways over its last five home games, an improvement from its season average of 15.0 giveaways per game (ranked 32nd overall).
- Toronto has averaged 17.6 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 11.9 giveaways per game (ranked 26th in the NHL).