Jonathan Huberdeau, Aleksander Barkov, and the Florida Panthers will do battle against Anze Kopitar, Alex Iafallo, and the Los Angeles Kings at the Staples Center in an East-West showdown. This one gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20 and it is being shown live on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Florida Panthers vs. Los Angeles Kings Odds
This matchup’s moneyline and Over/Under odds have not been posted by bookmakers yet.
Florida is 32-28 straight up (SU) and has netted 0.8 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 60 regular season contests, 35 of its games have gone over the total, while 21 have gone under and just three have pushed. The Panthers are 16-14 SU on the road in 2019-20.
Florida has converted on 21.2 percent of its power play chances this season, a mark that’s right around league average. Additionally, its penalty kill is ranked 23rd overall, and the team’s successfully killed off 77.7 percent of all penalties..
With a .899 save percentage and 26.8 saves per game, Sergei Bobrovsky (23-23-5) has been the best option in goal for Florida this year. Bobrovsky did just play last night, however, so Florida might decide to rest him and go with Chris Driedger instead (6-3 record, .932 save percentage, 2.35 goals against average).
On the other bench, Los Angeles is 21-39 straight up (SU) and has lost 11.2 units for moneyline bettors thus far. 32 of its matches have gone under the total, while 24 have gone over and just four have pushed. The team is 12-13 SU at home this year.
The Kings have converted on just 16.3 percent of their power play chances this year, a mark that’s ranked 27th in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 26th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 75.9 percent of all penalties.
Jonathan Quick has stopped 26.0 shots per game as the top option in goal for the Kings. Quick has 12 wins, 25 losses, and three overtime losses to his name and has registered a fairly-weak .897 save percentage and 2.99 goals against average this year.
Florida Panthers at Los Angeles Kings Betting Picks
Free NHL Pick: SU Winner – Panthers, O/U – Over
- The Panthers (3-3 in shootouts this season) has more experience in games decided by shootout. The Kings is winless in two shootouts this year.
- The under has hit in three of Los Angeles’ last five outings.
- Two teams that have pounded opponents’ nets with shots, Florida has taken the league’s ninth-most shots on goal (32.6) and Los Angeles’s attempted the third-most (33.7).
- Nine of Los Angeles’ last ten contests have been decided by two or more goals, and the team is 2-7 overall in those games.
- Florida skaters recorded 23.2 hits per game last season, while the Kings logged 23.3 hits per matchup.