The No. 6 Florida Gators (21-12) face off against the No. 3 Texas Tech Red Raiders (25-9) in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament at American Airlines Center. Action starts at 8:40 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Florida Gators vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Red Raiders defeated the No. 14 Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks 70-60, while the Gators beat the No. 11 St. Bonaventure Bonnies 77-62.
Florida played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.0 (better than their season average of 12.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.492 (below their season average of 0.510). For those same stats, St. Bonaventure put up marks of 22.2 and 0.385, respectively. The Red Raiders, meanwhile, held the Lumberjacks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.5 (below their season average of 34.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.436 (below their season average of 0.547). Texas Tech was lifted by Keenan Evans, who had 23 points, six rebounds and five assists. Chris Chiozza, meanwhile was a key piece for Florida with eight points and 11 assists.
The offensive glass could be a huge advantage for Texas Tech in this matchup. The Red Raiders rank 53rd in offensive rebounding percentage (33.2 percent), while Florida ranks 263rd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.5 percent). Additionally, the Gators commit the sixth-fewest errors in the nation (turnover percentage of 14.3 percent), while the disruptive defense of the Red Raiders causes the 22nd-most (opponents turnover percentage of 22.1 percent).
Florida Gators vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Florida, O/U – Over
- Texas Tech ranks 31st in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while Florida ranks 260th (37.3).
- The Gators rank seventh in steals allowed per game (4.4) while the Red Raiders rank 117th (6.1).
- Texas Tech is 14th in the NCAA with 10.3 assists allowed per game while Florida is 39th with 11.4 assists allowed per game.
- The Gators rank 66th in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while the Red Raiders rank 259th (19.1).
- Florida ranks 31st in blocks per game (4.7) while Texas Tech ranks 162nd in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Red Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 10.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gators have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (1.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (3.8 below their season average).