SEC foes will collide when the Georgia Bulldogs (12-8, 3-5 SEC) clash with the No. 23 Florida Gators (15-6, 6-2 SEC) at Stegeman Coliseum. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 137.5 points with Florida set as a 2.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 30, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Florida Gators at Georgia Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Gators last contest, they had no trouble getting past the Baylor Bears, 81-60. Chris Chiozza was the games high scorer with 20 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Florida played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.250 (below their season average of 0.268) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.654 (above their season average of 0.512). For those same stats, Baylor was 0.150 and 0.425, respectively.
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 56-51 loss to the Kansas State Wildcats in their last matchup. Yante Maten was Georgia’s high scorer with 14 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Kansas State did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (17-19; 89.5 percent). Georgia, meanwhile, held the Wildcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.3 (below their season average of 28.6).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Georgia figures to have a considerable advantage. The Bulldogs defense ranks eighth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.445), while the Florida offense is ranked 150th in effective field goal percentage (0.518). The Gators should be expected to protect the ball well. They rank 3rd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.3 percent). Conversely, the Bulldogs force the fourth-fewest turnovers in the nation (opponents turnover percentage of 14.9 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Florida games have gone over 55.6 percent of the time, while games involving Georgia have finished under 64.7 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Gators have a clear advantage. They are 15-6 SU and 11-9 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 12-8 SU and 9-8 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Gators won both meetings last season. In the last matchup, Florida won 72-60. The Gators played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.1 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.461. For those same stats, the Bulldogs were 18.6 and 0.381, respectively.
Florida Gators at Georgia Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Under
- The Gators average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 32nd in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 107th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Georgia ranks 16th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Florida ranks 68th (12.1).
- Florida is 6-3 ATS on the road, while Georgia is 4-3 ATS at home.
- The Gators have 5 overs and 4 unders in 9 road games.
- In 7 home games, the Bulldogs have 4 overs and 3 unders.
- Georgia ranks 21st in rebounds per game (40.0) while Florida ranks 204th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Gators rank 61st in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while the Bulldogs rank 243rd (18.5).
- Florida ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Georgia ranks 124th (6.5).
- Georgia is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Florida is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 5.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Georgia has defeated opponents by an average of 3.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Gators have scored an average of 75.8 points per game (4.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (1.4 below their season average).