The No. 17 Cincinnati Bearcats (4-1) and the No. 5 Florida Gators (5-3) battle at Prudential Center. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Florida Gators vs. Cincinnati Bearcats Odds Preview
In the Gators last matchup, they were beaten by the Loyola Chicago Ramblers, 65-59. Chris Chiozza had a solid performance for Florida, leading the team in scoring with nine points on 3-for-7 shooting. Loyola Chicago held the Gators to an effective field goal percentage of 0.385 (below their season average of 0.552). Florida, meanwhile, forced the Ramblers into a turnover percentage of 21.8 (above their season average of 17.5).
The Bearcats are trying to rebound after their 89-76 loss to the No. 21 Xavier Musketeers in their last game. Jacob Evans III led Cincinnati in scoring with 23 points on 9-for-15 shooting. Xavier did a terrific job of making free throws (25-30; 83.3 percent). Cincinnati, on the other hand, forced the Musketeers into a turnover percentage of 18.6 (above their season average of 15.5).
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Cincinnati takes on the top-notch defense of Florida. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bearcats rank 30th in offensive efficiency, while the Gators are 42nd in defensive efficiency.
Florida Gators vs. Cincinnati Bearcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Florida, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bearcats lead the nation with 3.9 steals allowed per game while the Gators are 59th with 5.4 steals allowed per game.
- Florida ranks 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Cincinnati ranks 86th (3.1).
- Cincinnati ranks 37th in assists per game (16.2) while Florida ranks 199th (13.0).
- The Bearcats rank 45th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while the Gators rank 175th (35.5).
- Florida ranks 42nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while Cincinnati ranks 115th (20.5).