The Ole Miss Rebels (9-7, 2-2 SEC) will attempt to put an end to the six-game winning streak of Florida when they welcome the Gators (12-4, 4-0 SEC) to The Pavilion at Ole Miss. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Florida Gators at Ole Miss Rebels Odds Preview
In the Gators last game, they defeated the Mississippi State Bulldogs, 71-54. Egor Koulechov was the games leading scorer with 23 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Florida played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.207 (below their season average of 0.268) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (above their season average of 31.1). For those same stats, Mississippi State recorded marks of 0.091 and 27.3, respectively.
The Rebels are hoping for a better outcome after their 85-70 loss to the No. 22 Auburn Tigers in their last contest. With 10 points and 10 rebounds, Ole Miss Dominik Olejniczak had a good performance. Auburn did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (29-37; 78.4 percent). Ole Miss, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.5 vs. 17.2).
The prolific offense of Florida (25th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 116.2) will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Ole Miss (219th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 103.9). The Gators should have the edge on that end of the court.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Gators won the lone game last season, 70-63. Florida had a much better turnover percentage (12.6 vs. 28.5). Ole Miss, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (10-13; 76.9 percent).
Florida Gators vs. Ole Miss Rebels Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ole Miss, ATS Winner – Ole Miss, O/U – Over
- The Rebels rank 22nd in blocks per game (5.4) while the Gators rank 61st in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- Florida ranks 47th in steals per game (7.6) while Ole Miss ranks 76th (6.9).
- Florida averages 36.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 131st in the nation. Ole Miss ranks 241st in rebounds allowed per game (38.9).
- The Gators average 24.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 74th in the nation. The Rebels rank 182nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- Florida averages 13.9 assists per game, which ranks 116th in the nation. Ole Miss ranks 215th in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- The Rebels average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 3.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gators have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (6.4 below their season average).