The Florida Gators (10-4, 2-0 SEC) travel to Missouri to take on the Tigers (11-3, 1-0 SEC) in what should be a high-scoring game. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Florida Gators at Missouri Tigers Odds Preview
In the Gators last game, they were victorious over the No. 11 Texas A&M Aggies, 83-66. Egor Koulechov was the games high scorer with 19 points on 7-for-13 shooting. The Gators forced 16 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.648 (above their season average of 0.513).
The Tigers come in on a high note after topping the South Carolina Gamecocks in their last outing, 79-68. Missouri was led by Jontay Porter, who recorded 19 points and seven rebounds. The Tigers held the Gamecocks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.430 (below their season average of 0.485) and had a free throw rate of 0.388 (above their season average of 0.284).
It might turn into a shootout as a pair of the nations top offenses square off. Missouri ranks 34th with 116.2 points per 100 possessions and Florida is 29th (116.6).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Gators, it’s been Chris Chiozza, who has averaged 16.2 points, 4.6 assists and 2.2 steals, while the Tigers have received solid contributions from Jordan Barnett (18.6 points and 7.4 rebounds).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Gators won the only game last season, 93-54. The Gators dominated every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.333 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 46.2. The Tigers were 0.127 and 22.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Florida Gators at Missouri Tigers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Florida, O/U – Over
- The Tigers average 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks 29th in the NCAA. The Gators rank 71st in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- Florida averages 24.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 75th in the nation. Missouri ranks 108th in three pointers allowed per game (21.4).
- Missouri ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (30.6) while Florida ranks 172nd (36.2).
- The Gators rank 45th in steals per game (7.7) while the Tigers rank 129th (6.1).
- Missouri ranks 16th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Florida ranks 77th (12.1).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.6, up from 12.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gators have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (7.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (6.5 below their season average).