A seven-game home winning streak is on the line for the No. 21 Texas Tech Red Raiders (9-1) when they welcome the Florida Atlantic Owls (6-4) to United Supermarkets Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 142 points with Texas Tech opening as a 22.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders ATS Preview
The last time the Owls played, they lost a close one to the Arkansas State Red Wolves, 64-63. With 16 points on 7-for-9 shooting, Ronald Delph led Florida Atlantic in scoring. Arkansas State forced the Owls into a turnover percentage of 22.3 (above their season average of 13.6). Florida Atlantic, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (15-19; 78.9 percent).
The Red Raiders come in on a high note after blowing out the Rice Owls in their last matchup, 73-53. With 13 points on 5-for-13 shooting, Keenan Evans led Texas Tech in scoring. Texas Tech played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 16.0) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 (below their season average of 34.7). Rice was 33.9 and 26.7, respectively, for those same stats.
This battle figures to be low-scoring as a pair of the NCAA’s top defenses face off. Texas Tech ranks third in defensive efficiency (84.9) and Florida Atlantic is 24th (91.4). Additionally, the Owls rank 50th in turnover percentage (16.8 percent), while the Red Raiders rank sixth in opponents turnover percentage (26.8 percent).
Games involving these teams have a tendency to finish under the O/U total. Florida Atlantic games have finished under 80.0 percent of the time, while 71.4 percent of Texas Tech games have finished under. The Red Raiders come into this game with a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 9-1 SU and 4-3 ATS, while the Owls are 6-4 SU and 2-3 ATS.
Gerdarius Troutman has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Florida Atlantic, averaging 15.8 points and 2.2 steals per game.
Florida Atlantic Owls at Texas Tech Red Raiders Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas Tech, ATS Winner – Florida Atlantic, O/U – Under
- The Red Raiders are fifth in the nation with 9.4 assists allowed per game while the Owls are 26th with 11.0 assists allowed per game.
- Florida Atlantic is 11th in the NCAA with 1.9 blocks allowed per game while Texas Tech is 28th with 2.4 blocks allowed per game.
- Florida Atlantic ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (17.4) while Texas Tech ranks 186th (23.5).
- The Red Raiders rank 36th in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while the Owls rank 152nd (35.7).
- Texas Tech ranks ninth in steals per game (9.9) while Florida Atlantic ranks 59th (7.4).
- The Red Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.8, down from 21.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 89.0 points per game (10.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (0.6 below their season average).