The Rhode Island Rams (7-3) will be at home in Thomas M. Ryan Center when they square off against the FGCU Eagles (7-7). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
FGCU Eagles vs. Rhode Island Rams Odds Preview
The Eagles were beaten by the No. 11 Wichita State Shockers in their last matchup, 75-65. FGCU’s Brandon Goodwin had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 20 points on 9-for-21 shooting. Wichita State did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (22-26; 84.6 percent). FGCU, meanwhile, forced the Shockers into a turnover percentage of 18.2 (above their season average of 14.9).
In the Rams last matchup, they beat the Iona Gaels, 80-74. Rhode Island received a boost from Jared Terrell, who was the games high scorer with 23 points on 8-for-17 shooting. Rhode Island played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 14.8) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.9 (above their season average of 28.4). For those same stats, Iona was 18.5 and 24.1, respectively.
FGCU could struggle to create turnovers. Rhode Island ranks 35th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while FGCU forces the 201st-most turnovers (19.1 percent).
Of FGCU’s 4 games that accepted bets, four have finished under the O/U total, while 4 of Rhode Island’s 8 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Rams have a clear advantage. They are 7-3 SU and 3-4-1 ATS, while the Eagles are 7-7 SU and 3-1 ATS.
Goodwin has really been playing well over the last five games for FGCU, averaging 23.2 points, 6.4 rebounds, 5.6 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
FGCU Eagles at Rhode Island Rams Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Rhode Island, ATS Winner – Rhode Island, O/U – Under
- The Rams rank 21st in assists allowed per game (10.6) while the Eagles rank 81st (12.3).
- FGCU ranks 60th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Rhode Island ranks 227th (33.0).
- The Rams average 8.9 steals per game, which ranks 19th in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 114th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- FGCU ranks 193rd in three pointers attempted per game (20.3) while Rhode Island ranks 253rd (16.4).
- The Rams average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 6.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 83.8 points per game (9.2 above their season average).