The Jacksonville Dolphins (12-13, 6-2 Asun) will try to snap the 10-game winning streak of FGCU when they welcome the Eagles (17-8, 8-0 Asun) to Swisher Gym. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
FGCU Eagles at Jacksonville Dolphins Odds Preview
In the Eagles last contest, they won big over the North Florida Ospreys, 103-70. With 14 points and 12 rebounds, Michael Gilmore had a good outing for FGCU. FGCU dominated every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 33.2) and a free throw rate of 0.145 (matching their season average). North Florida was 5.6 and 0.048, respectively, for those same stats.
The Dolphins come in on a high note after edging the Stetson Hatters in their last game, 68-67. Devin Harris had a solid performance for Jacksonville, putting up 14 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists. The Dolphins had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.396 (above their season average of 0.195) and held the Hatters to an effective field goal percentage of 0.388 (below their season average of 0.498).
Jacksonville might struggle to score as they battle against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. FGCU currently ranks 44th in defensive efficiency while the Dolphins rank 294th in offensive efficiency. ,
Zach Johnson has been playing at a high level over the last five games for FGCU, averaging 17.4 points and 2.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Eagles won 68-62. The Eagles dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.220 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0. The Dolphins put up marks of 0.060 and 9.8, respectively, for those same stats. In the loss, Jace Hogan led all scorers with 23 points.
FGCU Eagles at Jacksonville Dolphins Odds Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Jacksonville, ATS Winner – Jacksonville, O/U – Over
- The Eagles rank 71st in assists per game (15.3) while the Dolphins rank 122nd in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- FGCU ranks 225th in three pointers attempted per game (19.1) while Jacksonville ranks 242nd (18.5).
- FGCU averages 39.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 24th in the nation. Jacksonville ranks 236th in rebounds allowed per game (37.6).
- The Dolphins average 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 39th in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 164th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- FGCU ranks 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Jacksonville ranks 108th (3.5).
- The Dolphins average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 84.2 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (0.8 above their season average).