The FGCU Eagles (1-0) will travel to Times Union Center to take on the Siena Saints (0-1) in their home opener. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
FGCU Eagles at Siena Saints Free Preview
The Eagles defeated the Illinois State Redbirds in their last matchup, 98-87. With 21 points, eight rebounds and seven assists, FGCU’s Brandon Goodwin played well. FGCU dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.415 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.2. For those same stats, Illinois State was 0.108 and 13.9, respectively.
The last time the Saints played, they were topped by the Charleston Cougars, 68-60. With 11 points and 10 rebounds, Siena’s Prince Oduro played well. Charleston had a much better turnover percentage (6.9 vs. 26.6). Siena, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.2 vs. 23.1).
Siena figures to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this meeting. Since last season, the Saints rank 25th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.3 percent), while FGCU ranks 129th in defensive rebounding percentage (72.1 percent).
The Eagles won the only contest against the Saints last season, 73-69. FGCU had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.606 vs. 0.490). Siena, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.6 vs. 17.2).
FGCU Eagles at Siena Saints Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Siena, ATS Winner – Siena, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles average 15.5 assists per game, which ranks 52nd in the nation. The Saints rank 110th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- FGCU averages 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 137th in the NCAA. Siena ranks 188th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Siena ranks 83rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while FGCU ranks 231st (22.5).
- The Eagles rank 25th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while the Saints rank 90th (33.6).
- FGCU averages 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 133rd in the NCAA. Siena ranks 194th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).