The Rutgers Scarlet Knights (7-3) will be at home in Louis Brown Athletic Center when they take on the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights (3-5). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Odds Preview
In the Knights last game, they fell to the Iona Gaels, 82-75. Noah Morgan had a solid performance for Fairleigh Dickinson, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Iona did a great job of making free throws (26-33; 78.8 percent). Fairleigh Dickinson, meanwhile, made 10 of their 25 three pointers (40.0 percent).
The Scarlet Knights come in on a high note after topping the NJIT Highlanders in their last matchup, 73-64. With 18 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Corey Sanders was Rutgers leading scorer. The Scarlet Knights, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.431, had an extraordinary mark of 0.610 and had a free throw rate of 0.240 (above their season average of 0.208).
Rutgers could dominate the offensive glass in this battle. Dating back to last season, the Scarlet Knights rank seventh in offensive rebounding percentage (37.7 percent), while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 319th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.7 percent).
Deshawn Freeman has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Rutgers, averaging 11.4 points, 11.0 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
The Scarlet Knights won the only contest against the Knights last season, 82-69. The Scarlet Knights played a perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 41.0 and a free throw rate of 0.233. The Knights recorded marks of 22.9 and 0.133, respectively, for those same stats.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights at Rutgers Scarlet Knights ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Fairleigh Dickinson, ATS Winner – Fairleigh Dickinson, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Scarlet Knights rank 137th in assists allowed per game (13.0) while the Knights rank 244th (14.8).
- Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 72nd in steals per game (7.0) while Rutgers ranks 177th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Rutgers ranks 13th in rebounds per game (41.2) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 266th (33.3).
- The Knights rank 15th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Scarlet Knights rank 240th (4.9).
- Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 194th in three pointers attempted per game (20.4) while Rutgers ranks 313th (15.6).