The Fairleigh Dickinson Knights (20-13), 2.5-point favorites, meet the Prairie View A&M Panthers (22-12) in the First Four at University of Dayton Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 149 points and action begins at 6:40 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights vs. Prairie View A&M Panthers Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Panthers defeated the Texas Southern Tigers 92-86, while the Knights beat the Saint Francis U Red Flash 85-76.
The Knights made 18 of their 20 free throws (90.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.713 (above their season average of 0.543). The Panthers, meanwhile, forced 24 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.339 (above their season average of 0.295). Gary Blackston fueled Prairie View A&M with 17 points and six steals. Kaleb Bishop played well for Fairleigh Dickinson, putting up 20 points and 11 rebounds.
Knights games have finished under the total 51.7 percent of the time. Fairleigh Dickinson heads into the contest with records of 20-13 straight up (SU) and 17-12 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas tends to place the total low when the Panthers are involved, as 62.5 percent of their games have ended over the O/U total. Further, Prairie View A&M owns records of 22-12 SU and 19-12-1 ATS.
It will be a matchup of opposite tempos as the fast-paced Panthers (ranked 70th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Knights (212th in possessions per game).
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights vs. Prairie View A&M Panthers Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Prairie View A&m, ATS Winner – Fairleigh Dickinson, O/U – Under
- Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 100th in rebounds allowed per game (33.7) while Prairie View A&M ranks 261st (37.5).
- The Panthers average 8.8 steals per game, which ranks 11th in the nation. The Knights rank 113th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Fairleigh Dickinson averages 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 98th in the country. Prairie View A&M ranks 125th in assists allowed per game (12.7).
- The Knights rank 96th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Panthers rank 239th (1.6).
- Prairie View A&M ranks 35th in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 162nd (22.4).
- The Knights’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.8, up from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 86.0 points per game (11.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (4.1 below their season average).