The Saint Francis U Red Flash (18-11, 12-6 NEC) and Fairleigh Dickinson Knights (12-17, 9-9 NEC) will battle at DeGol Arena to bring the regular season to a close. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 155 points with Saint Francis U opening as a 10.5-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights at Saint Francis U Red Flash ATS Preview
The Knights defeated the Bryant Bulldogs in their last outing, 87-83. Jahlil Jenkins was Fairleigh Dickinson’s high scorer with 22 points on 9-for-12 shooting. The Knights had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 (above their season average of 29.5) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.563 (above their season average of 0.504).
In the Red Flash’s last game, they dismantled the Robert Morris Colonials, 80-60. Saint Francis U was led by Keith Braxton, who finished with 19 points, 10 rebounds and five steals. Saint Francis U played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 14.6) and a free throw rate of 0.259 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Robert Morris recorded marks of 20.6 and 0.140, respectively.
The productive offense of Saint Francis U will face off against the mid-tier defense of Fairleigh Dickinson. The Red Flash currently rank 62nd in offensive efficiency, while the Knights are 240th in defensive efficiency. The Red Flash figure to have the edge on that side of the ball.
Of Fairleigh Dickinson’s 4 games that accepted bets, two have finished under the O/U total, while 3 of Saint Francis U’s 4 games have finished over the O/U total. The Red Flash have the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (18-11 vs. 12-17), but both teams are close to the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Knights, it’s been Darnell Edge, who has averaged 19.0 points, while the Red Flash have gotten great contributions from Jamaal King (20.2 points and 1.6 steals).
These two teams have already met twice this year, with the Red Flash winning both. In the most recent contest, Braxton scored a game-high 27 points and the Red Flash beat the Knights 90-82, covering as 2-point favorites. He also had seven rebounds and six assists. The two teams combined for 172 points, which was 21.5 points above the projected point total of 150.5 points. The Red Flash dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.586. For those same stats, the Knights were 20.6 and 0.517, respectively.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights at Saint Francis U Red Flash Odds Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Saint Francis U, ATS Winner – Saint Francis U, O/U – Over
- The Red Flash average 21.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 152nd in the nation. The Knights rank 182nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 115th in blocks per game (3.3) while Saint Francis U ranks 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Fairleigh Dickinson is 1-2 ATS on the road, while Saint Francis U is 1-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 2 of the Knights’ 3 road games, while 1 of the Red Flash’s 2 home games have gone over.
- Saint Francis U ranks 41st in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 171st (6.7).
- The Knights rank 160th in assists per game (13.3) while the Red Flash rank 246th in assists allowed per game (15.6).
- Saint Francis U ranks 198th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 243rd (37.3).
- Saint Francis U is 1-0 ATS with 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Fairleigh Dickinson is 1-1 ATS with 1 over.
- The Red Flash’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.4, up from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knights have scored an average of 79.8 points per game (5.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 81.6 points per game (5.8 above their season average).