The Fairleigh Dickinson Knights (3-7) look to snap their five-game losing streak when they clash against the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds (4-6) at Steinberg Wellness Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights at LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds Free Preview
The Knights lost big to the Maryland Terrapins in their last outing, 75-50. With 17 points on 7-for-24 shooting, Darian Anderson was the games high scorer. Maryland did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (20-23; 87.0 percent). Fairleigh Dickinson, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 20.6).
The last time the Blackbirds played, they beat the Binghamton Bearcats, 74-66. LIU Brooklyn was lifted by Joel Hernandez, who was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 10-for-16 shooting. LIU Brooklyn played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.9 (below their season average of 27.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.641 (above their season average of 0.496). Binghamton was 18.8 and 0.491, respectively, for those same stats.
There could be plenty of transition action in this battle that showcases two of the NCAA’s more up-and-down teams. LIU Brooklyn currently ranks 19th in possessions per game (76.1) and Fairleigh Dickinson is 39th (74.5).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Knights, it’s been Anderson, who has averaged 14.6 points, 3.2 assists and 1.8 steals, while the Blackbirds have received solid contributions from Hernandez (21.4 points and 7.6 rebounds).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after splitting two games last season. The Blackbirds won the last game 75-69. The Blackbirds played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.373 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8. For those same stats, the Knights were 0.190 and 24.3, respectively.
Fairleigh Dickinson Knights at LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – LIU Brooklyn, ATS Winner – LIU Brooklyn, O/U – Under
- The Blackbirds are 14th in the nation with 2.2 blocks allowed per game while the Knights are 39th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- LIU Brooklyn averages 11.7 assists per game, which ranks 208th in the NCAA. Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 211th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- LIU Brooklyn ranks 60th in rebounds per game (38.5) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 227th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- The Knights average 9.5 steals per game, which ranks 12th in the NCAA. The Blackbirds rank 138th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- LIU Brooklyn ranks 36th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while Fairleigh Dickinson ranks 145th (22.4).
- The Blackbirds average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.2, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knights have scored an average of 61.6 points per game (10.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.8 points per game (5.8 above their season average).