MAAC foes will collide when the Marist Red Foxes (3-13, 1-3 MAAC) clash against the Fairfield Stags (6-10, 1-4 MAAC) at McCann Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 145.5 points with Fairfield opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Fairfield Stags vs. Marist Red Foxes Odds Preview
The last time the Stags played, they fell to the Manhattan Jaspers, 59-53. Fairfield’s Matija Milin put up 10 points and five rebounds in the game. Manhattan’s 0.085 free throw rate was their largest strength over Fairfield, who had a mark of 0.020. The Jaspers mark was below their season average of 0.262, while the Stags was below their season average of 0.221.
The Red Foxes are trying to rebound after their 80-79 loss to the Quinnipiac Bobcats in their last game. Brian Parker was Marist’s high scorer with 25 points on 6-for-15 shooting. Quinnipiac had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 16.4). Marist, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.7 (above their season average of 23.1).
The aggressive Marist offense might be getting to the free throw line a lot in this meeting. The Red Foxes rank 60th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.280, while Fairfield ranks 212th in FTA rate allowed (0.242).
Of Fairfield’s 12 games that accepted bets, six have finished over the O/U total, while 6 of Marist’s 10 games have finished over the projected point total. The Stags hold a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-10 SU and 5-7 ATS, while the Red Foxes are 3-13 SU and 4-6 ATS.
Parker has really been playing well over the last five games for Marist, averaging 22.2 points per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Stags won both games last season. In the most recent game, Fairfield won 73-53. Fairfield had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.611 vs. 0.345). Marist, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (13-14; 92.9 percent).
Fairfield Stags vs. Marist Red Foxes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Fairfield, ATS Winner – Marist, O/U – Under
- The Stags average 5.8 steals per game, which ranks 142nd in the NCAA. The Red Foxes rank 160th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Marist ranks 209th in rebounds per game (34.0) while Fairfield ranks 213th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- Fairfield is 2-6 ATS on the road, while Marist is 1-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 2 of the Red Foxes 3 home games, while 4 of the Stags 8 road games have gone over.
- Fairfield averages 25.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 45th in the NCAA. Marist ranks 232nd in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- The Stags average 14.0 assists per game, which ranks 114th in the NCAA. The Red Foxes rank 206th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- Marist allows the 18th-fewest blocks per game (2.4) while Fairfield ranks 43rd (2.8).
- Marist is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Fairfield is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Red Foxes average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.6, down from 9.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Stags have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (2.3 below their season average).