The New Mexico Lobos (2-4) will be at home in WisePies Arena when they take on the Evansville Aces (5-1). New Mexico is a 3-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 137.5 points. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Evansville Aces at New Mexico Lobos Betting Preview
The Aces lost a close one to the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs in their last contest, 63-61. With 15 points on 6-for-13 shooting, Blake Simmons was Evansville’s high scorer. Louisiana Tech had a much better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 19.8). Evansville, meanwhile, held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.418 (below their season average of 0.581).
In the Lobos last matchup, they were beaten by the Maryland Terrapins, 80-65. Chris McNeal was New Mexico’s leading scorer with 19 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Maryland did a fantastic job of making free throws (24-27; 88.9 percent). New Mexico, meanwhile, forced the Terrapins into a turnover percentage of 27.5 (above their season average of 20.6).
It will be a showdown of conflicting styles as the fast-paced Lobos will look to push the more grind-it-out Aces. Dating back to last season, the Lobos rank 96th in possessions per game while the Aces are 315th. Also, the Aces have been among the NCAA’s best at getting to the line, ranking seventh in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.315). The Lobos, meanhwile, rank 263rd in opponents FTA rate (0.269).
Both of these teams tend to finish under the O/U total. Games including Evansville have finished under 100.0 percent of the time, while New Mexico games have gone under 80.0 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Aces have a significant advantage. They are 5-1 SU and 4-0 ATS, while the Lobos are 2-4 SU and 2-3 ATS.
Evansville Aces vs. New Mexico Lobos Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Evansville, ATS Winner – Evansville, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- Neither of these teams shoot many long balls. The Lobos are 299th in the NCAA with 17.3 three pointers per game while the Aces are 330th with 11.2 threes per game.
- New Mexico ranks 235th in rebounds per game (34.7) while Evansville ranks 264th (33.9).
- Evansville ranks 106th in steals allowed per game (5.9) while New Mexico ranks 267th (7.6).
- The Aces rank 82nd in assists allowed per game (12.1) while the Lobos rank 230th (14.3).
- New Mexico ranks 126th in blocks per game (3.6) while Evansville ranks 250th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).