MVC foes will clash when the Illinois State Redbirds (12-11, 6-5 MVC) clash with the Evansville Aces (15-9, 5-6 MVC) at Redbird Arena. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
Evansville Aces vs. Illinois State Redbirds ATS Preview
In the Aces last matchup, they were victorious over the UNI Panthers, 57-49. With 15 points and 15 rebounds, Evansville’s Blake Simmons played well. The Aces held the Panthers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.375 (below their season average of 0.490) and had a turnover percentage of 16.3 (better than their season average of 19.2).
The Redbirds will look to maintain momentum after topping the Missouri State Bears in their last game, 76-60. Milik Yarbrough led the way for Illinois State, contributing 15 points, eight rebounds and six assists. The Redbirds held the Bears to an effective field goal percentage of 0.354 (below their season average of 0.495) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 25.5).
It could be a tough game for Illinois State on the offensive glass. The Redbirds rank 276th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.1 percent), while Evansville ranks 39th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.2 percent). Moreover, the Aces, who rank 13th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.303), could earn plenty of trips to the line against the Redbirds, who rank 298th in opponents FTA rate (0.281).
These teams have already met once this season. The Redbirds won 72-66. Illinois State had a better offensive rebounding percentage (14.8 vs. 10.7). Evansville, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (15.7 vs. 23.6). Yarbrough was the game’s top overall scorer with 28 points.
Evansville Aces vs. Illinois State Redbirds Free Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Evansville, ATS Winner – Evansville, O/U – Over
- The Redbirds average 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 98th in the nation. The Aces rank 146th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Evansville averages 13.5 assists per game, which ranks 158th in the nation. Illinois State ranks 183rd in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Illinois State ranks 31st in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while Evansville ranks 298th (13.5).
- The Aces rank 17th in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while the Redbirds rank 269th (39.2).
- Illinois State ranks 85th in steals per game (6.8) while Evansville ranks 196th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- The Redbirds average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aces have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (0.1 above their season average).