Expect a low-scoring game when the UNI Panthers (12-14, 4-10 MVC) and the Evansville Aces (16-11, 6-8 MVC) face off at McLeod Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 121 points with UNI opening as a 4-point favorite. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018.
Evansville Aces vs. UNI Panthers Free Preview
In the Aces last game, they fell to the Missouri State Bears, 72-55. Evansville’s Dru Smith had a good game, recording 12 points. Missouri State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.2 (above their season average of 33.3). Evansville, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (13-18; 72.2 percent).
The Panthers are hoping for a better outcome after their 71-64 loss to the Drake Bulldogs in their last game. With 11 points and 11 rebounds, Bennett Koch played well for UNI. Drake did a great job of making free throws (19-27; 70.4 percent). UNI, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 23.6).
UNI might have trouble putting up points as they go head-to-head against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Evansville currently ranks 59th in defensive efficiency while the Panthers rank 307th in offensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Aces, who rank 274th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.9 percent), could struggle to get second chance points against the Panthers, who rank eighth in defensive rebounding percentage (77.3 percent).
Of Evansville’s 23 games with betting action, 15 have finished under the O/U total, while 11 of UNI’s 22 games have finished over the projected point total. The Aces hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 16-11 SU and 14-9 ATS, while the Panthers are 12-14 SU and 7-14-1 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 106 points, well under the projected point total of 121. The Aces won 57-49, covering as 2-point favorites. Evansville’s 0.554 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over UNI, who had a rate of 0.375. Blake Simmons recorded a double-double with 15 points and 15 rebounds.
Evansville Aces vs. UNI Panthers Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UNI, ATS Winner – Evansville, O/U – Under
- The Panthers rank 165th in steals per game (5.7) while the Aces rank 213th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- UNI is 5-5 ATS at home, while Evansville is 7-5 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 8 of the Aces 12 road games, while 6 of the Panthers 10 home games have gone over.
- UNI ranks 147th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while Evansville ranks 311th (13.4).
- The Panthers rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (10.7) while the Aces rank 119th (13.1).
- Evansville ranks 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while UNI ranks 105th (33.8).
- UNI is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Evansville is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Panthers have been outscored by an average of 8.0 points in their last five games. For the season, UNI has defeated opponents by an average of 1.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Aces have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (2.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (0.4 above their season average).