A defensive battle should be expected when the Missouri State Bears (16-10, 6-7 MVC) and the Evansville Aces (16-10, 6-7 MVC) battle at JQH Arena. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Evansville Aces vs. Missouri State Bears Free Preview
In the Aces last contest, they were victorious over the Valparaiso Crusaders, 63-59. Ryan Taylor was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 10-for-23 shooting. Evansville dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.340 (above their season average of 0.299) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.6 (above their season average of 26.5). For those same stats, Valparaiso was 0.096 and 17.2, respectively.
The Bears will look to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Indiana State Sycamores in their last matchup, 81-62. With 28 points on 9-for-15 shooting, Alize Johnson was the top scorer from either team. The Bears, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.492, had a solid mark of 0.568 and had a turnover percentage of 12.6 (better than their season average of 15.3).
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams face off. Missouri State ranks 313th in possessions per game (66.3) and Evansville is 324th (65.8).
Taylor has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Evansville, averaging 22.8 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Aces won 64-55. The Aces played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.333 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 29.0. For those same stats, the Bears were 0.103 and 23.7, respectively. Johnson had a double-double in the defeat, with 16 points and 14 rebounds.
Evansville Aces at Missouri State Bears Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Evansville, ATS Winner – Evansville, O/U – Under
- The Bears rank 25th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while the Aces rank 110th (13.0).
- Missouri State averages 5.0 steals per game, which ranks 199th in the nation. Evansville ranks 206th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Missouri State ranks 36th in rebounds per game (38.9) while Evansville ranks 223rd (33.5).
- The Bears average 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 46th in the NCAA. The Aces rank 170th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Missouri State ranks 189th in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while Evansville ranks 305th (13.5).
- The Bears have been outscored by an average of 8.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Missouri State has defeated opponents by an average of 4.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Aces have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.2 points per game (0.7 below their season average).