An eight-game home winning streak is on the line for the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (10-3, 0-1 MVC) when they square off against the Evansville Aces (10-4, 0-1 MVC) at Joseph J. Gentile Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
Evansville Aces at Loyola Chicago Ramblers ATS Preview
The last time the Aces played, they lost to the Illinois State Redbirds, 72-66. With 22 points on 10-for-22 shooting, Ryan Taylor was Evansville’s leading scorer. Illinois State held the Aces to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.7 (below their season average of 28.7). Evansville, on the other hand, forced the Redbirds into a turnover percentage of 23.6 (above their season average of 15.1).
The Ramblers are trying to rebound after their 64-59 loss to the Missouri State Bears in their last outing. Cameron Krutwig was Loyola Chicago’s leading scorer with 18 points on 7-for-8 shooting. Missouri State had a free throw rate of 0.235 (above their season average of 0.185). Loyola Chicago, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (14.7 vs. 16.6).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Loyola Chicago currently ranks 294th in possessions per game (67.8) and Evansville is 340th (64.9). Additionally, the Aces rank 21st in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.311), while the Ramblers rank 46th in opponents FTA rate (0.180).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Aces won the last contest 60-58. The Aces turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Ramblers. Evansville had a rate of 16.1, while Loyola Chicago posted a mark of 26.1.
Evansville Aces vs. Loyola Chicago Ramblers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Evansville, ATS Winner – Evansville, O/U – Over
- Loyola Chicago ranks 53rd in assists per game (16.2) while Evansville ranks 120th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- The Ramblers rank 236th in three pointers attempted per game (18.2) while the Aces rank 272nd (13.4).
- Evansville allows the 12th-fewest rebounds per game (30.1) while Loyola Chicago ranks 30th (31.3).
- The Ramblers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, down from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aces have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (6.4 above their season average).