The Boston University Terriers (4-5) will be at home in Case Gym when they go head-to-head against the Elon Phoenix (6-4). Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
Elon Phoenix vs. Boston University Terriers Odds Preview
The last time the Phoenix played, they were blown out by the UNCG Spartans, 75-44. Tyler Seibring put together a solid performance for Elon, leading the team in scoring with 11 points on 4-for-9 shooting. UNCG had a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 18.6). Elon, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (6-7; 85.7 percent).
The Terriers are trying to rebound after their 87-82 loss to the Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks in their last matchup. Max Mahoney was the games high scorer with 29 points on 14-for-18 shooting. Massachusetts-Lowell did an excellent job of making free throws (28-36; 77.8 percent). Boston University, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 (above their season average of 26.5).
Points at the line could be few and far between for Boston University in this showdown. Dating back to last season, the Terriers rank 349th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.212, while Elon ranks first in FTA rate allowed (0.161).
Elon Phoenix vs. Boston University Terriers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Boston University, ATS Winner – Boston University, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Phoenix rank 50th in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while the Terriers rank 100th (3.3).
- Elon averages 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. Boston University ranks 79th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- Boston University ranks 105th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while Elon ranks 271st in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).
- The Phoenix rank 33rd in rebounds per game (38.3) while the Terriers rank 195th (35.4).
- Boston University ranks 50th in steals allowed per game (6.7) while Elon ranks 126th (6.1).