The College Basketball Invitational battle between the Utah Valley Wolverines (22-10) and the Eastern Washington Eagles (20-14) will take place at UCCU Events Center. Utah Valley is a 6-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 148.5 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
Eastern Washington Eagles vs. Utah Valley Wolverines Betting Preview
The last time the Eagles played, they lost to the Montana Grizzlies, 82-65. With 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting, Jacob Davison led Eastern Washington in scoring. Montana did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-20; 75.0 percent). Eastern Washington, on the other hand, held the Grizzlies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.7 (below their season average of 34.0).
The Wolverines are trying to rebound after their 75-60 loss to the Grand Canyon Antelopes in their last game. Akolda Manyang was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Grand Canyon did a great job of making free throws (19-26; 73.1 percent). Utah Valley, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (14.2 vs. 17.8).
Utah Valley figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Wolverines currently rank 48th in offensive efficiency, while Eastern Washington ranks 186th in defensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Eagles rank 253rd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.219), while the Wolverines rank 32nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.189).
Of Eastern Washington’s 31 games with betting action, 17 have finished under the O/U total, while 1 of Utah Valley’s 2 games have finished over the projected point total. The Wolverines have the better straight up (SU) record (22-10 vs. 20-14), but the Eagles hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (18-13 vs. 1-2).
Eastern Washington Eagles at Utah Valley Wolverines Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Over
- The Eagles rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Wolverines rank 94th (3.1).
- Eastern Washington ranks 38th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Utah Valley ranks 110th (20.7).
- Utah Valley ranks 58th in rebounds per game (38.0) while Eastern Washington ranks 246th (33.4).
- The Wolverines rank 29th in assists per game (16.2) while the Eagles rank 201st (12.7).
- Eastern Washington ranks 47th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Utah Valley ranks 215th (7.4).
- The Wolverines’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, down from 10.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.6 points per game (3.0 below their season average).