The UNLV Runnin Rebels (2-0) will be at home in Thomas & Mack Center when they square off against the Eastern Washington Eagles (2-1). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 148.5 points with UNLV set as an 11-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
Eastern Washington Eagles vs. UNLV Runnin Rebels Free Preview
The Eagles were victorious over the Stanford Cardinal in their last contest, 67-61. Bogdan Bliznyuk was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Eastern Washingtons 0.482 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Stanford, who had a rate of 0.355.
The last time the Runnin Rebels played, they dismantled the Prairie View A&M Panthers, 98-63. UNLV was lifted by Shakur Juiston, who contributed 13 points and 12 rebounds. UNLV played a flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.556 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.7. For those same stats, Prairie View A&M was 0.338 and 30.6, respectively.
The high-powered offense of Eastern Washington will clash against the mid-tier defense of UNLV. Since the 2016-17 season, the Eagles rank 47th in offensive efficiency, while the Runnin Rebels are 208th in defensive efficiency. The Eagles should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
The Eagles have had records of 24-12 straight up (SU) and 17-13-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Eastern Washington games have had a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total since last season (51.6 percent).
The Runnin Rebels, meanwhile, have records of 13-21 SU and 15-16-3 ATS since last season. Games including UNLV have had a slight tendency to go under the projected point total over that same period (51.5 percent).
Eastern Washington Eagles at UNLV Runnin Rebels Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Eastern Washington, ATS Winner – Eastern Washington, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Runnin Rebels rank 166th in assists per game (13.5) while the Eagles rank 234th (12.4).
- Eastern Washington averages 22.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 114th in the NCAA. UNLV ranks 153rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.0).
- Eastern Washington ranks 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while UNLV ranks 248th (4.6).
- The Eagles rank 126th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while the Runnin Rebels rank 277th (38.1).
- UNLV ranks 157th in steals per game (6.1) while Eastern Washington ranks 282nd (4.5).