The North Dakota Fighting Hawks (4-8, 0-1 BigSky), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Eastern Washington Eagles (5-9, 0-1 BigSky) to Betty Engelstad Sioux Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 156.5 points with neither team favored. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017.
Eastern Washington Eagles at North Dakota Fighting Hawks Odds Preview
In the Eagles last outing, they fell to the Northern Colorado Bears, 88-75. With 23 points on 10-for-18 shooting, Bogdan Bliznyuk was the games leading scorer. Northern Colorado did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (18-23; 78.3 percent). Eastern Washington, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.8 vs. 13.9).
The Fighting Hawks are hoping for a better outcome after their 74-57 loss to the Idaho Vandals in their last game. Marlon Stewart was the games high scorer with 17 points on 5-for-7 shooting. Idaho held the Fighting Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.0 (below their season average of 23.2). North Dakota, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (23-29; 79.3 percent).
It could be a tough game for North Dakota on the offensive glass. The Fighting Hawks are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 328th in offensive rebounding percentage at 22.3 percent. Meanwhile, Eastern Washington ranks 24th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.3 percent.
Of Eastern Washington’s 11 games with betting action, six have finished over the O/U total, while 7 of North Dakota’s 9 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have mediocre straight up (SU) records (5-9 for Eastern Washington; 4-8 for North Dakota), but the Eagles have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Eastern Washington is 5-6 ATS, while the Fighting Hawks are 3-6.
Bliznyuk has been impressive over the last five games for Eastern Washington, averaging 23.8 points, 8.2 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Fighting Hawks won the lone contest played against each other last season, 95-86. The Fighting Hawks dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.500 and a turnover percentage of 12.4. The Eagles were 0.274 and 16.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Eastern Washington Eagles at North Dakota Fighting Hawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Dakota, ATS Winner – North Dakota, O/U – Over
- The Eagles rank 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Fighting Hawks rank 33rd (2.5).
- Eastern Washington is 4-6 ATS on the road with 6 overs and 4 unders.
- North Dakota is 0-2 ATS at home with 1 over and 1 under.
- North Dakota ranks 22nd in steals per game (8.7) while Eastern Washington ranks 197th (4.4).
- The Eagles rank 174th in rebounds per game (35.1) while the Fighting Hawks rank 253rd (32.1).
- Eastern Washington allows the 14th-fewest three pointers per game (17.0) while North Dakota ranks 59th (19.9).
- North Dakota is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Eastern Washington is 3-1 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Fighting Hawks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 22.2, up from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 83.2 points per game (8.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (0.9 above their season average).