The Eastern Michigan Eagles (10-13, 4-6 MAC) will be at the Convocation Center to square off against the Ohio Bobcats (11-11, 3-7 MAC) in a MAC matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Ohio Bobcats ATS Odds
In their last game, the Bobcats were blown out by the Miami (OH) RedHawks, 79-59, while the Eagles were victorious over the Northern Illinois Huskies, 57-49.
Eastern Michigan played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (below their season average of 0.505) and a turnover percentage of 20.3 (worse than their season average of 17.3). Northern Illinois recorded marks of 0.357 and 22.7, respectively, for those same stats. Ohio, on the other hand, forced Miami (OH) into a turnover percentage of 20.6 (above their season average of 15.8). Ohio was lifted by Jason Carter, who contributed 16 points and six rebounds. Paul Jackson, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Eastern Michigan with 23 points and eight assists.
The Bobcats won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 72-66. Ohio’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Eastern Michigan. The Bobcats had a rate of 0.340, while the Eagles posted a mark of 0.231. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Getting to the line might be rare for Ohio in this matchup. The Bobcats currently rank 270th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.206, while Eastern Michigan ranks 49th in FTA rate allowed (0.191). Furthermore, the Eagles rank ninth in offensive rebounding percentage (37.8 percent), while the Bobcats rank 28th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.6 percent).
Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ohio Bobcats Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Ohio, ATS Winner – Ohio, O/U – Over
- Eastern Michigan ranks 56th in steals per game (7.5) while Ohio ranks 213th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- The Bobcats rank 168th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9) while the Eagles rank 239th (25.0).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 26th in blocks per game (4.6) while Ohio ranks 74th (3.8).
- The Bobcats rank 125th in assists per game (13.8) while the Eagles rank 248th in assists allowed per game (16.7).
- Ohio ranks 59th in rebounds per game (38.0) while Eastern Michigan ranks 143rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
- The Bobcats’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 2.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (1.7 below their season average).