The Kent State Golden Flashes (12-11, 6-4 MAC) will attempt to prolong a six-game home winning streak when they meet the Eastern Michigan Eagles (13-10, 4-6 MAC) at Memorial A & C Center. Kent State is a 3.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 137 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Kent State Golden Flashes Free Preview
In the Eagles last game, they beat the Ball State Cardinals, 58-41. With 11 points and 14 rebounds, James Thompson IV played well for Eastern Michigan. The Eagles had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.521), while the Cardinals had a free throw rate of 0.083 (below their season average of 0.236).
The Golden Flashes are trying to rebound after their 70-62 loss to the Bowling Green Falcons in their last game. Jaylin Walker led Kent State in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-17 shooting. Bowling Green forced the Golden Flashes into a turnover percentage of 19.3 (above their season average of 15.8). Kent State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.179 vs. 0.127).
Kent State might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the nations best defenses. Eastern Michigan ranks 71st in defensive efficiency, while the Golden Flashes rank 202nd in offensive efficiency.
Of Eastern Michigan’s 17 games that accepted bets, 11 have finished under the O/U total, while 9 of Kent State’s 18 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Eagles are 13-10 SU and 9-8 ATS, while the Golden Flashes are 12-11 SU and 9-8-1 ATS.
Adonis De La Rosa has been superb over the last five games for Kent State, averaging 13.8 points and 10.0 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Golden Flashes won the only game played against each other last season, 70-64. Getting to the free throw line was one of Kent State’s biggest advantages. They had 36 free throw attempts, while Eastern Michigan had 24.
Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Kent State Golden Flashes ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Under
- The Golden Flashes rank 157th in assists allowed per game (13.6) while the Eagles rank 228th (15.2).
- Kent State ranks 142nd in rebounds per game (35.7) while Eastern Michigan ranks 168th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- On the road, Eastern Michigan is 4-5 ATS with 5 unders and 4 overs.
- Kent State is 6-1-1 ATS at home with 5 overs and 3 unders.
- Kent State ranks 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Eastern Michigan ranks 196th (7.4).
- The Eagles rank fourth in blocks per game (6.3) while the Golden Flashes rank 130th (3.2).
- Kent State ranks 128th in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while Eastern Michigan ranks 205th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- Kent State is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Eastern Michigan is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Golden Flashes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 61.6 points per game (10.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.0 points per game (5.0 below their season average).