The South Florida Bulls (4-2) will be at home in USF Sun Dome when they challenge the Eastern Michigan Eagles (4-1). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 131.5 points with Eastern Michigan set as a 3-point favorite. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 26, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Eastern Michigan Eagles at South Florida Bulls Odds Preview
The last time the Eagles played, they got blown out by the Indiana Hoosiers, 87-67. With 20 points on 6-for-17 shooting, Elijah Minnie was the top scorer from either team. Indiana had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 (above their season average of 33.5). Eastern Michigan, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.269 vs. 0.224).
The Bulls come in on a high note after topping the Arkansas State Red Wolves in their last game, 72-61. South Florida rallied around Malik Martin, who was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 9-for-11 shooting. South Florida played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.404 (above their season average of 0.300) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.490 (above their season average of 0.482). For those same stats, Arkansas State was 0.169 and 0.432, respectively.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of South Florida. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, South Florida ranks 347th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 23.3 percent), while the pesky defense of Eastern Michigan has forced the 17th-most turnovers in the nation (22.7 percent). Furthermore, the Eagles, who rank 46th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.9 percent), will attempt to take advantage of the Bulls, who rank 324th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.8 percent).
Of Eastern Michigans 2 games that accepted bets, one have finished over the O/U total, while 3 of South Floridas 3 games have finished under the O/U total. The Eagles hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 4-1 SU and 1-1 ATS, while the Bulls are 4-2 SU and 1-1-1 ATS.
Eastern Michigan Eagles at South Florida Bulls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles average 36.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 123rd in the NCAA. The Bulls rank 236th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- South Florida averages 16.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 311th in the nation. Eastern Michigan ranks 233rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.5).
- Eastern Michigan averages 9.7 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the nation. South Florida ranks 274th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- The Eagles rank 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Bulls rank 243rd (4.3).
- Eastern Michigan averages 13.7 assists per game, which ranks 151st in the nation. South Florida ranks 273rd in assists allowed per game (15.2).