MAC foes will collide when the Northern Illinois Huskies (8-8, 1-2 MAC) challenge the Eastern Michigan Eagles (10-6, 1-2 MAC) at Convocation Center. Action gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Eastern Michigan Eagles at Northern Illinois Huskies ATS Preview
In the Eagles last contest, they were victorious over the Central Michigan Chippewas, 79-74. With 17 points and 12 rebounds, Eastern Michigan’s James Thompson IV had a solid performance. Eastern Michigan played a nearly flawless game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.595 (above their season average of 0.525) and a turnover percentage of 16.8 (worse than their season average of 16.5). For those same stats, Central Michigan put up marks of 0.500 and 19.8, respectively.
The Huskies are hoping for a better outcome after their 66-57 loss to the Bowling Green Falcons in their last outing. Eugene German was the games leading scorer with 19 points on 6-for-15 shooting. Bowling Green held the Huskies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 29.3). Northern Illinois, on the other hand, forced the Falcons into a turnover percentage of 21.2 (above their season average of 14.1).
Ball protection could play a significant role in this contest. Northern Illinois commits the 53rd-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while the disruptive defense of Eastern Michigan forces the 43rd-most (opponents turnover percentage of 22.6 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Eagles won two out of three meetings played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Eastern Michigan won 72-69. Eastern Michigan’s 0.556 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Northern Illinois, who had a rate of 0.451.
Eastern Michigan Eagles at Northern Illinois Huskies Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Over
- The Eagles rank 196th in three pointers attempted per game (20.3) while the Huskies rank 263rd (16.4).
- Eastern Michigan averages 35.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 145th in the NCAA. Northern Illinois ranks 193rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 14th in blocks per game (5.8) while Northern Illinois ranks 167th (2.2).
- The Huskies rank 11th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Eagles rank 134th (7.1).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 132nd in assists per game (13.6) while Northern Illinois ranks 231st (10.9).
- The Huskies have been outscored by an average of 4.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Northern Illinois has defeated opponents by an average of 1.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (11.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (4.2 below their season average).