The North Florida Ospreys (1-5) will be at home in UNF Arena when they meet the Eastern Michigan Eagles (5-1). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Eastern Michigan Eagles at North Florida Ospreys Betting Preview
The Eagles won big over the South Florida Bulls in their last contest, 65-47. With 11 points and 11 rebounds, Eastern Michigan’s James Thompson IV had a solid performance. Eastern Michigan played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.4 (better than their season average of 15.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.489 (below their season average of 0.551). For those same stats, South Florida put up marks of 22.0 and 0.333, respectively.
The last time the Ospreys played, they were blown out by the No. 11 Miami (FL) Hurricanes, 86-65. J.T. Escobar was the games leading scorer with 16 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Miami (FL)’s 15.5 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over North Florida, who had a rate of 23.7. The Hurricanes mark was worse than their season average of 14.8, while the Ospreys was above the 20.1 mark opponents have averaged against Miami (FL) this season.
It could be a sloppy game for the North Florida offense. Since last season, North Florida ranks 337th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.3 percent), while the pesky defense of Eastern Michigan has forced the 17th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.8 percent). Also, the Eagles, who rank 48th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.7 percent), will attempt to take advantage of the Ospreys, who rank 313th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.7 percent).
Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. North Florida Ospreys Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Florida, ATS Winner – North Florida, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Ospreys average 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 69th in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 212th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 33rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while North Florida ranks 161st (3.5).
- Eastern Michigan ranks fifth in steals per game (9.7) while North Florida ranks 280th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- The Ospreys rank 31st in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while the Eagles rank 233rd (19.3).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 145th in assists per game (13.7) while North Florida ranks 290th in assists allowed per game (15.8).