The Eastern Michigan Eagles (11-8, 2-4 MAC) will attempt to put an end to the seven-game winning streak of Buffalo when they head to Alumni Arena to go head-to-head with the Bulls (14-5, 6-0 MAC). Buffalo is a 13-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 150 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
Eastern Michigan Eagles at Buffalo Bulls Free Preview
The last time the Eagles played, they fell to the Ohio Bobcats, 72-66. James Thompson IV had a solid performance for Eastern Michigan, leading the team in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-7 shooting. Ohio had a free throw rate of 0.340 (above their season average of 0.211). Eastern Michigan, on the other hand, held the Bobcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.7 (below the 31.4 mark opponents have averaged against Eastern Michigan this season).
The Bulls hope to keep it rolling after defeating the Western Michigan Broncos in their last game, 84-74. Buffalo’s Wes Clark played a key role with 17 points, nine assists and five rebounds. The Bulls held the Broncos to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.6 (below their season average of 31.6) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.545 (above their season average of 0.530).
It will be a battle of opposite tempos as the fast-breaking Bulls (ranked 20th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Eagles (223rd in possessions per game).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Eastern Michigan games have gone under 61.5 percent of the time, while games featuring Buffalo have finished over 56.3 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bulls have a clear advantage. They are 14-5 SU and 10-5-1 ATS, while the Eagles are 11-8 SU and 7-6 ATS.
Nick Perkins has been excellent over the last five games for Buffalo, averaging 19.4 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bulls won the lone contest played against each other last season, 77-68. The Bulls played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 38.6 and a turnover percentage of 16.3. The Eagles were 23.7 and 18.9, respectively, for those same stats.
Eastern Michigan Eagles at Buffalo Bulls ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank ninth in steals per game (9.2) while the Bulls rank 96th (6.6).
- Buffalo averages 38.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 51st in the nation. Eastern Michigan ranks 133rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.7).
- Eastern Michigan is 3-4 ATS on the road, while Buffalo is 3-2-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 3 of the Bulls 6 home games, while 4 of the Eagles 7 road games have gone under.
- Buffalo ranks 31st in assists per game (16.7) while Eastern Michigan ranks 223rd in assists allowed per game (15.6).
- The Bulls rank 16th in three pointers attempted per game (28.1) while the Eagles rank 203rd (19.9).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 11th in blocks per game (5.9) while Buffalo ranks 126th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Buffalo is 4-0-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Eastern Michigan is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Bulls average margin of victory in their last five games has been 19.2, up from 7.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (5.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (1.1 below their season average).