MAC foes will collide when the Bowling Green Falcons (14-10, 5-6 MAC) clash with the Eastern Michigan Eagles (14-10, 5-6 MAC) at Stroh Center. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Bowling Green Falcons Betting Preview
The last time the Eagles played, they were victorious over the Kent State Golden Flashes, 71-67. Paul Jackson was Eastern Michigan’s high scorer with 17 points on 6-for-14 shooting. The Eagles forced 19 turnovers and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.517 vs. 0.500).
The Falcons are hoping for a better outcome after their 59-56 loss to the Ball State Cardinals in their last game. Antwon Lillard was Bowling Green’s high scorer with 15 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Ball State had a much better free throw rate (0.170 vs. 0.047). Bowling Green, on the other hand, held the Cardinals to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 27.3).
The offense of Bowling Green will clash against the stingy defense of Eastern Michigan. The Falcons rank 199th in offensive efficiency, while the Eagles are 69th in defensive efficiency. The Eagles should have the edge on that end of the court.
These teams have already met once this season. The Falcons won 75-71. Bowling Green had a much better turnover percentage (15.1 vs. 20.5). Eastern Michigan, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (18-25; 72.0 percent). Lillard recorded a double-double with 20 points and 12 rebounds.
Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Bowling Green Falcons Free Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Over
- The Falcons average 13.8 assists per game, which ranks 133rd in the nation. The Eagles rank 219th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- Bowling Green ranks 148th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while Eastern Michigan ranks 230th (19.5).
- Eastern Michigan ranks fourth in blocks per game (6.3) while Bowling Green ranks 190th (2.4).
- The Falcons average 38.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 55th in the nation. The Eagles rank 177th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- Eastern Michigan averages 9.0 steals per game, which ranks eighth in the nation. Bowling Green ranks 111th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- The Falcons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 62.6 points per game (9.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.0 points per game (5.9 below their season average).