The Oregon State Beavers (4-3) will be at home in Gill Coliseum when they clash with the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (4-4). Oregon State opened as a 13.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 140 points. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Oregon State Beavers Betting Preview
The last time the Colonels played, they were victorious over the Jacksonville Dolphins, 70-65. Nick Mayo was the top scorer from either team with 22 points on 7-for-9 shooting. Eastern Kentucky played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.242 (below their season average of 0.322) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.444 (below their season average of 0.486). For those same stats, Jacksonville recorded marks of 0.179 and 0.396, respectively.
The Beavers come in on a high note after beating the Loyola Marymount Lions in their last contest, 78-74. Oregon State’s Tres Tinkle was a key piece with 18 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. Oregon State played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.400 (above their season average of 0.316) and a turnover percentage of 13.7 (better than their season average of 18.7). For those same stats, Loyola Marymount was 0.159 and 15.7, respectively.
The physical Eastern Kentucky offense could be living from the free throw line in this meeting. The Colonels rank 77th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.274, while Oregon State ranks 281st in FTA rate allowed (0.276) since the 2016-17 season.
Of Eastern Kentucky’s 5 games with betting action, two have finished over the projected point total, while 4 of Oregon State’s 7 games have finished over the O/U total. The Beavers hold a substantial advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 4-3 SU and 2-5 ATS, while the Colonels are 4-4 SU and 1-4 ATS.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Oregon State Beavers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oregon State, ATS Winner – Eastern Kentucky, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Colonels rank 219th in steals per game (5.6) while the Beavers rank 271st in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Oregon State averages 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 90th in the NCAA. Eastern Kentucky ranks 114th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Eastern Kentucky ranks 116th in three pointers attempted per game (22.6) while Oregon State ranks 269th (18.5).
- The Beavers rank 164th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0) while the Colonels rank 240th (37.0).
- Oregon State ranks 167th in assists allowed per game (13.4) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 234th (14.3).