The Northern Kentucky Norse (6-3) will be at home in BB&T Arena when they go head-to-head against the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (4-5). Northern Kentucky opened as a 15.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 143.5 points. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 10, 2017.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Northern Kentucky Norse Free Preview
In the Colonels last game, they fell to the Oregon State Beavers, 74-62. Eastern Kentucky’s Nick Mayo finished with 15 points and nine rebounds in the game. Oregon State’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Eastern Kentucky. The Beavers had a rate of 0.130 (below their season average of 0.327), while the Colonels posted a mark of 0.055 (below their season average of 0.311).
The Norse are trying to rebound after their 84-71 loss to the East Tennessee State Buccaneers in their last contest. Carson Williams was the games high scorer with 22 points on 10-for-13 shooting. East Tennessee State’s 0.327 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Northern Kentucky, who had a rate of 0.236. The Buccaneers mark was above their season average of 0.270, while the Norse’s was below their season average of 0.276.
Northern Kentucky appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Since last season, the Norse rank 91st in offensive efficiency, while the Colonels rank 268th in defensive efficiency.
Of Eastern Kentucky’s 6 games with betting action, three have finished under the O/U total, while 4 of Northern Kentucky’s 7 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Norse have a substantial advantage. They are 6-3 SU and 5-2 ATS, while the Colonels are 4-5 SU and 2-4 ATS.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Northern Kentucky Norse Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Northern Kentucky, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Norse rank 128th in steals per game (6.3) while the Colonels rank 193rd in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Northern Kentucky averages 24.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 60th in the nation. Eastern Kentucky ranks 117th in three pointers allowed per game (21.1).
- Northern Kentucky ranks 42nd in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 180th (14.5).
- The Norse rank 111th in rebounds per game (37.0) while the Colonels rank 202nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- Eastern Kentucky averages 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 86th in the nation. Northern Kentucky ranks 173rd in blocks allowed per game (4.2).