The Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (9-5, 1-0 OVC) can prolong a six-game home winning streak when they square off against the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (6-8, 0-1 OVC) at Hooper Eblen Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Odds Preview
The last time the Colonels played, they lost big to the Jacksonville State Gamecocks, 76-58. With 13 points on 6-for-9 shooting, Zach Charles was Eastern Kentucky’s leading scorer. Jacksonville State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 53.8 (above their season average of 31.7). Eastern Kentucky, meanwhile, forced the Gamecocks into a turnover percentage of 20.0 (above their season average of 15.9).
The Golden Eagles will look to keep it rolling after just getting past the Morehead State Eagles in their last contest, 69-67. Tennessee Tech received a boost from Curtis Phillips, who was the teams leading scorer with 17 points on 8-for-17 shooting. The Golden Eagles held the Eagles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.440 (below their season average of 0.504) and had a better turnover percentage (19.7 vs. 19.8).
This game should be a matchup of opposite styles. Tennessee Tech has preferred to play quickly (45th in possessions per game), while Eastern Kentucky has been more methodical (224th in possessions per game).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Colonels won both matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Eastern Kentucky won 75-71. The Colonels dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.7 and a free throw rate of 0.236. The Golden Eagles had marks of 19.6 and 0.183, respectively, for those same stats.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Eastern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Eastern Kentucky, O/U – Under
- The Golden Eagles rank 90th in rebounds per game (37.5) while the Colonels rank 180th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- Eastern Kentucky averages 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 109th in the nation. Tennessee Tech ranks 131st in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Tennessee Tech averages 17.8 assists per game, which ranks 26th in the nation. Eastern Kentucky ranks 217th in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- The Golden Eagles rank 26th in steals per game (8.5) while the Colonels rank 154th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Eastern Kentucky ranks 122nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.6) while Tennessee Tech ranks 233rd (26.1).
- The Golden Eagles have been outscored by an average of 7.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Tennessee Tech has defeated opponents by an average of 4.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.8 points per game (1.5 above their season average).