The Ole Miss Rebels (1-0) will be at home in The Pavilion at Ole Miss when they take on the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (1-0). Ole Miss opened as a 15-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 157 points. Tip-off is set for 6:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Ole Miss Rebels Betting Preview
The Colonels barely escaped the Rice Owls in their last matchup, 73-72. Nick Mayo was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 8-for-15 shooting. The Colonels had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.7 vs. 28.6) and had a better turnover percentage (15.1 vs. 15.3).
The last time the Rebels played, they thoroughly outplayed the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns, 94-76. Ole Miss rallied around Marcanvis Hymon, who recorded 12 points and 13 rebounds. Ole Miss dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.323 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.562. For those same stats, Louisiana recorded marks of 0.225 and 0.423, respectively.
The offensive glass should be a major edge for Ole Miss in this matchup. Since the 2016-17 season, the Rebels rank 45th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 percent), while Eastern Kentucky ranks 301st in defensive rebounding percentage (67.9 percent).
The Colonels have had records of 13-19 straight up (SU) and 14-14 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has had a tendency to set the total high when Eastern Kentucky is involved since last season as 64.3 percent of their games have ended under the projected point total.
On the other hand, the Rebels, are 21-13 SU and 22-14-1 ATS since last season. Over that same stretch, Ole Miss games have had a tendency to go over the O/U total (56.8 percent).
Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Ole Miss Rebels Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ole Miss, ATS Winner – Eastern Kentucky, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Colonels rank 148th in assists per game (13.7) while the Rebels rank 278th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- Eastern Kentucky averages 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 118th in the nation. Ole Miss ranks 181st in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Ole Miss ranks 18th in rebounds per game (39.8) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 262nd (33.2).
- The Colonels average 23.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 68th in the nation. The Rebels rank 294th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- Ole Miss ranks 94th in steals per game (6.8) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 250th in steals allowed per game (7.3).