The Eastern Illinois Panthers (4-5) will travel to Western Hall to go head-to-head with the Western Illinois Leathernecks (4-5). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 8, 2018.
Eastern Illinois Panthers vs. Western Illinois Leathernecks ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Leathernecks fell to the Creighton Bluejays, 78-67, while the Panthers were defeated by the Texas Longhorns, 71-59.
Eastern Illinois had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (25.6 vs. 20.0) while Western Illinois had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 14.3). Western Illinois was lifted by Kobe Webster, who contributed 24 points and 10 rebounds. Rade Kukobat played well for Eastern Illinois, contributing 12 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Ben Harvey led the Panthers to a 68-66 victory. He registered a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. The Panthers’ turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Leathernecks. Eastern Illinois had a rate of 11.2, while Western Illinois posted a mark of 18.2.
Western Illinois could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they square off against one of the NCAA’s worst offenses. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, the Leathernecks rank 17th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.483), while Eastern Illinois is 281st in effective field goal percentage (0.490). Furthermore, the Panthers rank 260th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.216), while the Leathernecks rank fifth in opponents’ FTA rate (0.183).
Eastern Illinois Panthers vs. Western Illinois Leathernecks Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Western Illinois, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Western Illinois ranks 24th in rebounds per game (36.3) while Eastern Illinois ranks 217th (34.5).
- The Panthers rank 222nd in assists per game (12.4) while the Leathernecks rank 271st (11.0).
- Eastern Illinois averages 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 152nd in the country. Western Illinois ranks 176th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Panthers rank 99th in three pointers allowed per game (21.0) while the Leathernecks rank 260th (24.1).
- Western Illinois averages 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 15th in the country. Eastern Illinois ranks 104th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).