The Marquette Golden Eagles (3-2) will be at home in BMO Harris Bradley Center when they square off with the Eastern Illinois Panthers (2-3). Marquette opened as a 17-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 152.5 points. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Marquette Golden Eagles Free Preview
The Panthers won big over the Fontbonne Griffins in their last matchup, 96-44. With 10 points and eight rebounds, Michael Chavers had a solid outing for Eastern Illinois. Eastern Illinois dominated every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 5.3 (better than their season average of 19.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.685 (above their season average of 0.468). For those same stats, Fontbonne was 28.8 and 0.385, respectively.
In the Golden Eagles. last matchup, they beat the LSU Tigers, 94-84. Marquette rallied around Andrew Rowsey, who was the team.s leading scorer with 30 points on 5-for-8 shooting. The Golden Eagles knocked down 31 of their 35 free throws (88.6 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.700 (above their season average of 0.533).
The prolific offense of Marquette will clash against the mid-tier defense of Eastern Illinois. Dating back to last season, the Golden Eagles rank 17th in offensive efficiency, while the Panthers are 120th in defensive efficiency. The Golden Eagles should have the advantage on that side of the ball. ,
Neither team has shown a tendency in terms of going over or under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Golden Eagles have a clear advantage. They are 3-2 SU and 2-2 ATS, while the Panthers are 2-3 SU and 1-3 ATS.
Eastern Illinois Panthers vs. Marquette Golden Eagles ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Marquette, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Panthers average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 73rd in the nation. The Golden Eagles rank 167th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Marquette ranks 36th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Eastern Illinois ranks 69th (23.6).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 63rd in assists per game (15.2) while Marquette ranks 288th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- The Golden Eagles rank 72nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.4) while the Panthers rank 294th (38.3).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 65th in steals per game (7.0) while Marquette ranks 180th in steals allowed per game (6.4).