The Bradley Braves (6-1) will be at home in Carver Arena when they go head-to-head against the Eastern Illinois Panthers (2-4). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 131.5 points with Bradley opening as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017.
Eastern Illinois Panthers vs. Bradley Braves Odds Preview
The Panthers lost a close one to the Marquette Golden Eagles in their last contest, 86-83. With 27 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Jajuan Starks was Eastern Illinois’ high scorer. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Marquette’s largest advantages. They made 28 trips to the line, while Eastern Illinois went 21 times.
In the Braves’ last matchup, they topped the Georgia Southern Eagles, 62-57. Bradley’s Koch Bar had a solid performance, contributing six points and 14 rebounds. Bradley played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.339 (above their season average of 0.219) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.5 (above their season average of 39.8). For those same stats, Georgia Southern was 0.227 and 32.7, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Bradley figures to have a significant advantage. Dating back to last season, the Braves defense ranks 49th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while the Eastern Illinois offense ranks 251st in effective field goal percentage (0.492).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Eastern Illinois games have gone over 60.0 percent of the time, while games involving Bradley have gone under 100.0 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Braves have a substantial advantage. They are 6-1 SU and 4-1-1 ATS, while the Panthers are 2-4 SU and 2-3 ATS.
The Braves won the lone game against the Panthers last season, 87-83. The Braves dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.429 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 46.9. The Panthers had marks of 0.182 and 25.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Bradley Braves Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bradley, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Braves average 36.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 126th in the NCAA. The Panthers rank 291st in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- Bradley averages 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 105th in the nation. Eastern Illinois ranks 140th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 67th in assists per game (15.2) while Bradley ranks 276th (11.7).
- The Panthers rank 73rd in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while the Braves rank 277th (18.3).
- Eastern Illinois averages 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 75th in the NCAA. Bradley ranks 269th in steals allowed per game (7.5).