The Eastern Illinois Panthers (2-5) look to snap a five-game road losing streak when they meet the Green Bay Phoenix (2-4) at Resch Center. Eastern Illinois is a 2-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 145 points. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Green Bay Phoenix ATS Preview
The Panthers were beaten by the Bradley Braves in their last matchup, 67-56. Muusa Dama had a good performance for Eastern Illinois, leading both teams in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Bradley had an effective field goal percentage of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.477). Eastern Illinois, meanwhile, forced the Braves into a turnover percentage of 28.4 (above their season average of 19.2).
The last time the Phoenix played, they were topped by the Belmont Bruins, 86-75. With 13 points, seven assists and five steals, Green Bay’s Khalil Small had a solid performance. Belmont did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (16-22; 72.7 percent). Green Bay, on the other hand, forced the Bruins into a turnover percentage of 18.9 (above the 15.5 mark opponents have averaged against Green Bay this season).
This contest should be a showdown of contrasting tempos. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Green Bay has preferred to play quickly (eighth in possessions per game), while Eastern Illinois has been slower-paced (113th in possessions per game). Moreover, the Panthers rank 320th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.201), while the Phoenix rank 60th in opponents FTA rate (0.208).
Of Eastern Illinois 6 games with betting action, three have finished over the O/U total, while 2 of Green Bays 3 games have finished under the O/U total. The Phoenix come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 2-4 SU and 2-1 ATS, while the Panthers are 2-5 SU and 2-4 ATS.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Green Bay Phoenix Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Green Bay, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Panthers average 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 78th in the NCAA. The Phoenix rank 165th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Green Bay ranks 86th in blocks per game (4.0) while Eastern Illinois ranks 142nd in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Green Bay ranks ninth in rebounds per game (41.2) while Eastern Illinois ranks 281st in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- The Panthers rank 62nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while the Phoenix rank 287th (24.6).
- Eastern Illinois averages 15.1 assists per game, which ranks 69th in the NCAA. Green Bay ranks 199th in assists allowed per game (13.7).