The No. 10 Xavier Musketeers (9-1) will attempt to continue an eight-game home winning streak when they square off against the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (6-3) at Cintas Center. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. Xavier Musketeers Free Preview
The last time the Buccaneers played, they won big over the Hiwassee College Tigers, 94-48. Bo Hodges was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 8-for-9 shooting. East Tennessee State played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.230 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 19.1). For those same stats, Hiwassee College was 0.030 and 27.8, respectively.
The Musketeers will look to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Colorado Buffaloes in their last contest, 96-69. Xavier received a boost from Trevon Bluiett, who was the games leading scorer with 25 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Xavier played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.293 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.681 (above their season average of 0.607). Colorado recorded marks of 0.169 and 0.446, respectively, for those same stats.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Xavier figures to have a substantial edge. Dating back to last season, the Musketeers offense ranks second in that metric at 0.539, while the East Tennessee State defense ranks 130th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.487).
East Tennessee State Buccaneers at Xavier Musketeers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – East Tennessee State, ATS Winner – East Tennessee State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Musketeers rank 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.9) while the Buccaneers rank 62nd (32.7).
- East Tennessee State averages 20.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 177th in the NCAA. Xavier ranks 202nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- East Tennessee State ranks 17th in steals per game (8.7) while Xavier ranks 155th (5.9).
- The Buccaneers average 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 57th in the nation. The Musketeers rank 156th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Xavier ranks 14th in assists per game (15.5) while East Tennessee State ranks 100th (14.7).