The Detroit Titans (4-6) will be at home in Calihan Hall when they take on the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (6-4). East Tennessee State is an 8.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 162 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers at Detroit Titans ATS Preview
The last time the Buccaneers played, they lost a tough one against the No. 10 Xavier Musketeers, 68-66. With 20 points on 8-for-18 shooting, Desonta Bradford was the games high scorer. Xavier did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (10-12; 83.3 percent). East Tennessee State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 17.8).
The Titans are trying to rebound after their 87-79 loss to the Western Michigan Broncos in their last contest. Corey Allen was the games leading scorer with 32 points on 12-for-21 shooting. Western Michigan had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 16.4). Detroit, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 27.1).
Based on each teams statistical profile, ball security could play a key role in this matchup. Detroit commits the 31st-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent), while the gambling defense of East Tennessee State forces the 35th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 23.6 percent).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games featuring East Tennessee State have finished under 57.1 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of Detroit games have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Buccaneers have a substantial advantage. They are 6-4 SU and 5-2 ATS, while the Titans are 4-6 SU and 4-5 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Buccaneers won the lone game last season, 107-78. The Buccaneers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 30.4 and an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.750. For those same stats, the Titans recorded marks of 16.3 and 0.516, respectively.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. Detroit Titans Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – East Tennessee State, ATS Winner – East Tennessee State, O/U – Over
- The Buccaneers rank 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Titans rank 139th (4.2).
- Detroit averages 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 34th in the NCAA. East Tennessee State ranks 114th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- East Tennessee State is 3-1 ATS on the road with 3 unders and 1 over.
- At home, Detroit is 1-1 ATS with 2 overs and 0 unders.
- Detroit averages 27.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 23rd in the nation. East Tennessee State ranks 226th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- The Buccaneers average 37.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 90th in the NCAA. The Titans rank 255th in rebounds allowed per game (41.9).
- East Tennessee State ranks 111th in assists per game (14.3) while Detroit ranks 222nd in assists allowed per game (18.1).
- Detroit is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, East Tennessee State is 4-0 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under.
- The Titans have outscored opponents by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Detroit has lost by an average of 2.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Buccaneers have scored an average of 81.8 points per game (6.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (1.3 below their season average).