The East Tennessee State Buccaneers (0-1) will travel to Tiger Arena to challenge the Savannah State Tigers (0-1) in their home opener. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. Savannah State Tigers Free Preview
The Buccaneers got blown out by the Northern Kentucky Norse in their last outing, 81-63. Desonta Bradford put together a solid game for East Tennessee State, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-14 shooting. Northern Kentucky had a much better turnover percentage (15.7 vs. 22.1). East Tennessee State, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.0 vs. 26.8).
The last time the Tigers played, they were blown out by the No. 12 Cincinnati Bearcats, 107-77. Austin Dasent was Savannah States leading scorer with 14 points on 5-for-9 shooting. Cincinnati had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (50.0 vs. 14.9). Savannah State, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (12-16; 75.0 percent).
Savannah State might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the nations best defenses. Since the 2016-17 season, East Tennessee State ranks 57th in defensive efficiency while the Tigers rank 224th in offensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Buccaneers have been among the NCAAs elite at getting to the line, ranking 24th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.303). The Tigers, meanwhile, rank 50th at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents FTA rate of 0.204.
The Buccaneers won the only game against the Tigers last season, 92-71. The Buccaneers dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.7 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 30.2. The Tigers were 23.9 and 19.5, respectively, for those same stats.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. Savannah State Tigers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – East Tennessee State, ATS Winner – East Tennessee State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Buccaneers average 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 41st in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 255th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- Savannah State averages 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 20th in the nation. East Tennessee State ranks 231st in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- East Tennessee State ranks 38th in rebounds allowed per game (32.3) while Savannah State ranks 324th (49.2).
- The Buccaneers rank 33rd in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Tigers rank 307th (20.3).
- Savannah State ranks first in three pointers attempted per game (40.9) while East Tennessee State ranks 228th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).