A10 foes will battle when the Fordham Rams (6-6, 1-1 A10) go head-to-head with the Duquesne Dukes (11-4, 2-0 A10) at Rose Hill Gym. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Duquesne Dukes vs. Fordham Rams Betting Preview
In the Dukes last matchup, they defeated the George Washington Colonials, 69-52. Eric Williams Jr. was the games high scorer with 21 points on 8-for-13 shooting. The Dukes, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.486, had a mark of 0.543 and had a turnover percentage of 10.1 (better than their season average of 14.3).
The Rams will look to maintain momentum after beating the Richmond Spiders in their last matchup, 69-65. Fordham rallied around Joseph Chartouny, who was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 8-for-16 shooting. The Rams forced 16 turnovers, while the Spiders had a free throw rate of 0.167 (below their season average of 0.216).
Fordham might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they go head-to-head against one of the nations best defenses. Duquesne ranks 60th in defensive efficiency while the Rams rank 297th in offensive efficiency. Also, the Dukes commit the 53rd-fewest errors in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 16.8 percent), while the gambling defense of the Rams causes the 33rd-most (opponents turnover percentage of 23.3 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Rams won the last matchup 70-52. Fordham had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (45.8 vs. 26.7). Duquesne, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.381 vs. 0.277).
Duquesne Dukes vs. Fordham Rams ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Fordham, ATS Winner – Fordham, O/U – Over
- The Dukes rank 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Rams rank 61st (3.0).
- Duquesne ranks 96th in rebounds per game (37.7) while Fordham ranks 264th (29.9).
- The Rams rank second in steals per game (11.1) while the Dukes rank 141st (5.9).
- Duquesne is 12th in the NCAA with 16.7 three pointers allowed per game while Fordham is 55th with 19.9 three pointers allowed per game.
- The Rams average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 0.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dukes have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (5.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (0.5 above their season average).