The No. 2 Duke Blue Devils (29-7) clash against the No. 1 Kansas Jayhawks (30-7) in the Elite Eight at CenturyLink Center Omaha. The Blue Devils opened as a 3.5-point favorite. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 155.5 points and it begins at 5:05 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 25, 2018.
Duke Blue Devils vs. Kansas Jayhawks ATS Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Jayhawks defeated the No. 5 Clemson Tigers 80-76, while the Blue Devils beat the No. 11 Syracuse Orange 69-65.
The Blue Devils had a great turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 15.1) and had a free throw rate of 0.357 (above their season average of 0.244). Meanwhile, Kansas 0.550 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Clemson, who had a rate of 0.477. The Jayhawks mark was below their season average of 0.579, while the Tigers was below their season average of 0.531. Udoka Azubuike led the way for Kansas, putting up 14 points and 11 rebounds. Wendell Carter Jr. fueled Duke with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
This showdown pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Kansas currently ranks 14th in offensive efficiency and Duke is 35th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Blue Devils rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (39.2 percent), while the Jayhawks rank 299th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.5 percent).
Of the Blue Devils 34 games that accepted bets, 18 have finished over the total. Duke heads into the game with records of 29-7 straight up (SU) and 22-12 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Jayhawks games, with an even split between overs and unders. Additionally, Kansas owns records of 30-7 SU and 19-16-1 ATS.
Malik Newman has taken his game to another level as of late for Kansas, averaging 22.0 points and 1.6 steals over the last five games.
Duke Blue Devils vs. Kansas Jayhawks Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Duke, ATS Winner – Kansas, O/U – Over
- Kansas averages 16.8 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the nation. Duke ranks 226th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- The Blue Devils average 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 22nd in the NCAA. The Jayhawks rank 154th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Duke ranks 40th in steals per game (7.4) while Kansas ranks 105th (6.6).
- The Blue Devils average 41.4 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the NCAA. The Jayhawks rank 181st in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- Kansas ranks 58th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Duke ranks 215th in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- In their last five games, Duke and Kansas are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Blue Devils have 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push over their last five games, while the Jayhawks have 4 overs and 1 under,
- During their last five games, the Blue Devils have scored an average of 80.4 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (1.6 below their season average).
- The Jayhawks average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.2, down from 10.4 for the season.