The No. 9 Duke Blue Devils (19-5, 7-4 ACC), the NCAA’s top scoring team, will clash against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (11-13, 4-7 ACC) at McCamish Pavilion. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147.5 points with Duke opening as a 9-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Duke Blue Devils vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Free Preview
In the Blue Devils last matchup, they fell to the No. 21 North Carolina Tar Heels, 82-78. Duke’s Marvin Bagley III contributed 15 points and 16 rebounds in the game. North Carolina had a turnover percentage of 2.4 (better than their season average of 14.8). Duke, on the other hand, held the Tar Heels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.461 (below their season average of 0.527).
The Yellow Jackets are hoping for a better outcome after their 77-54 loss to the Louisville Cardinals in their last game. Josh Okogie was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 9-for-18 shooting. Louisville forced the Yellow Jackets into a turnover percentage of 25.2 (above their season average of 16.8). Georgia Tech, meanwhile, held the Cardinals to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.1 (below their season average of 29.9).
Duke could dominate on defense as they go head-to-head against one of the nations worst offenses. The Blue Devils currently rank 36th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while Georgia Tech is 316th in effective field goal percentage (0.475).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Duke games have gone over 68.2 percent of the time, while games including Georgia Tech have finished under 60.0 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Blue Devils have a sizable advantage. They are 19-5 SU and 13-9 ATS, while the Yellow Jackets are 11-13 SU and 10-9-1 ATS.
Okogie has really been playing well over the last five games for Georgia Tech, averaging 18.4 points, 8.6 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.2 blocks per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Blue Devils won the only game played against each other last season, 110-57. The Blue Devils played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.671 and a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0. For those same stats, the Yellow Jackets were 0.365 and 30.4, respectively.
Duke Blue Devils at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Odds Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Duke, ATS Winner – Duke, O/U – Over
- The Blue Devils average 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. The Yellow Jackets rank 90th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Duke ranks 60th in steals per game (7.2) while Georgia Tech ranks 121st in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Georgia Tech is 7-4 ATS at home, while Duke is 7-5 ATS on the road.
- Of the Blue Devils 12 road games, they have 9 overs and 3 unders.
- In 11 home games, the Yellow Jackets have 7 unders and 4 overs.
- Duke ranks second in rebounds per game (42.5) while Georgia Tech ranks 206th (34.1).
- The Blue Devils rank fourth in assists per game (18.5) while the Yellow Jackets rank 202nd (12.6).
- Georgia Tech ranks 44th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Duke ranks 207th (23.6).
- Georgia Tech is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Duke is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Yellow Jackets’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Blue Devils have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (11.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (0.0 above their season average).