CAA foes will battle when the UNCW Seahawks (3-9, 0-1 CAA) go head-to-head with the Drexel Dragons (6-7, 0-1 CAA) at Raiford G. Trask Coliseum. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 155.5 points with UNCW set as a 2-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Drexel Dragons at UNCW Seahawks Betting Preview
The last time the Dragons played, they were beaten by the Elon Phoenix, 90-75. Alihan Demir had a good performance for Drexel, putting up 16 points and eight rebounds. Elon did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (20-22; 90.9 percent). Drexel, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 30.9).
The Seahawks are trying to rebound after their 58-56 loss to the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens in their last matchup. With seven points and 19 rebounds, Devontae Cacok had a good game for UNCW. Delaware had a turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 14.2). UNCW, on the other hand, held the Fightin’ Blue Hens to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.5 (below their season average of 31.8).
It will be a matchup of contrasting tempos as the up-and-down Seahawks (ranked 13th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Dragons (172nd in possessions per game).
Both of these teams have a tendency to go over the O/U total. Drexel games have finished over 55.6 percent of the time, while games involving UNCW have gone over 60.0 percent of the time. The Dragons hold a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-7 SU and 4-4-1 ATS, while the Seahawks are 3-9 SU and 0-9-1 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Seahawks won both games played against each other last season. In the last contest, UNCW won 87-74. The Seahawks turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Dragons. UNCW had a rate of 6.5, while Drexel posted a mark of 15.0.
Drexel Dragons vs. UNCW Seahawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNCW, ATS Winner – UNCW, O/U – Over
- On the road, Drexel is 3-2-1 ATS with 4 overs and 2 unders.
- At home, UNCW is 0-2 ATS with 1 over and 1 under.
- UNCW ranks 54th in assists per game (16.0) while Drexel ranks 229th (10.9).
- The Dragons average 38.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. The Seahawks rank 176th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- Drexel averages 22.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 135th in the NCAA. UNCW ranks 186th in three pointers allowed per game (23.6).
- UNCW is 0-4 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Drexel is 1-2 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over.
- The Seahawks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.4, down from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dragons have scored an average of 65.8 points per game (7.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (3.0 below their season average).