The La Salle Explorers (4-2) will be at home in Tom Gola Arena when they meet the Drexel Dragons (4-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 139.5 points with La Salle opening as a 9-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 7, 2017.
Drexel Dragons at La Salle Explorers Odds Preview
The last time the Dragons played, they beat the Rider Broncs, 89-77. Tramaine Isabell was the games high scorer with 35 points on 11-for-18 shooting. Drexel played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.439 (above their season average of 0.332) and a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 16.8). For those same stats, Rider put up marks of 0.213 and 16.8, respectively.
The Explorers hope to maintain momentum after defeating the Temple Owls in their last outing, 87-83. La Salle was lifted by Pookie Powell, who was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 10-for-19 shooting. La Salle played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 5.2 (better than their season average of 14.9) and a free throw rate of 0.209 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Temple put up marks of 16.7 and 0.115, respectively.
The aggressive La Salle offense might be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this showdown. Dating back to last season, the Explorers rank 59th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.283, while Drexel ranks 257th in FTA rate allowed (0.266).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving Drexel have gone over 60.0 percent of the time, while La Salle games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Explorers have a significant advantage. They are 4-2 SU and 4-4-1 ATS, while the Dragons are 4-3 SU and 2-2-1 ATS.
The Explorers won the only contest against the Dragons last season, 89-78. La Salle’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Drexel. The Explorers had a rate of 0.653 while the Dragons posted a mark of 0.509.
Drexel Dragons at La Salle Explorers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – La Salle, ATS Winner – Drexel, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Dragons average 23.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 85th in the nation. The Explorers rank 192nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- La Salle averages 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 144th in the nation. Drexel ranks 157th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Drexel ranks 116th in rebounds per game (36.9) while La Salle ranks 272nd (32.9).
- The Dragons average 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 130th in the nation. The Explorers rank 242nd in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- Drexel ranks 141st in blocks per game (3.4) while La Salle ranks 249th (2.2).