The Drexel Dragons (11-15, 5-8 CAA) will try to put an end to the seven-game winning streak of Charleston when they head to TD Arena to take on the Cougars (19-6, 10-3 CAA). Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Drexel Dragons at Charleston Cougars ATS Preview
The last time the Dragons played, they lost a close one to the Towson Tigers, 94-92. With 32 points on 11-for-22 shooting, Tramaine Isabell was the game’ leading scorer. Towson had an offensive rebounding percentage of 52.6 (above their season average of 34.6). Drexel, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (22-29; 75.9 percent).
The Cougars will look to maintain momentum after defeating the William & Mary Tribe in their last contest, 82-77. With 37 points on 13-for-19 shooting, Grant Riller was the top scorer from either team. The Cougars forced 15 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.400 (above their season average of 0.291).
Charleston should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Charleston ranks 12th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.0 percent), while Drexel forces the 55th-fewest turnovers (16.8 percent).
These teams have already met once this season. The Dragons won 87-82. Drexel did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (17-24; 70.8 percent). Charleston, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.1 vs. 23.3). In the loss, Jarrell Brantley recorded a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds.
Drexel Dragons at Charleston Cougars Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Drexel, ATS Winner – Drexel, O/U – Over
- The Dragons average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 63rd in the NCAA. The Cougars rank 78th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- Drexel ranks 239th in assists per game (11.5) while Charleston ranks 252nd (11.1).
- Charleston ranks second in steals allowed per game (3.8) while Drexel ranks 124th (6.4).
- The Dragons rank 128th in rebounds per game (35.9) while the Cougars rank 244th (32.8).
- Charleston ranks 45th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Drexel ranks 93rd (20.6).
- The Cougars average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, down from 5.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dragons have scored an average of 82.0 points per game (7.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.6 points per game (0.1 below their season average).