The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (0-2) and the Drake Bulldogs (1-0) square off in the U.S. Virgin Islands Paradise Jam at Vines Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 158.5 points with Wake Forest set as a 10-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
Drake Bulldogs vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons Free Preview
The Bulldogs had no trouble getting past the Coe Kohawks in their last matchup, 101-54. With 16 points and six rebounds, Drakes Reed Timmer put together a good performance. Drake played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.1 and a free throw rate of 0.339. Coe was 5.9 and 0.118, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Demon Deacons last game, they were blown out by the Liberty Flames, 79-66. Bryant Crawford was Wake Forests high scorer with 21 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Liberty did a great job of making free throws (20-23; 87.0 percent). Wake Forest, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (13.9 vs. 22.8).
Wake Forest could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense faces off against one of the NCAAs worst defenses. Since the 2016-17 season, the Demon Deacons rank 16th in offensive efficiency, while Drake ranks 294th in defensive efficiency.
The Bulldogs are 8-24 straight up (SU) and 11-15 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Games including Drake have gone over the projected point total 57.7 percent of the time since last season.
The Demon Deacons, meanwhile, are 19-15 SU and 16-16 ATS since last season. Vegas has had a tendency to place the total low when Wake Forest has been involved over that same period as 71.9 percent of their games have gone over the projected point total.
Drake Bulldogs vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wake Forest, ATS Winner – Wake Forest, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Demon Deacons rank 112th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Bulldogs rank 227th (2.5).
- Wake Forest averages 5.7 steals per game, which ranks 204th in the nation. Drake ranks 213th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Drake ranks 32nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while Wake Forest ranks 250th in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).
- The Demon Deacons rank 92nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.8) while the Bulldogs rank 267th (37.8).
- Wake Forest averages 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. Drake ranks 192nd in assists allowed per game (13.7).